a. Why we collect your personal information
b. What information is collected
c. How it is processed within the sales & marketing process
Throughout this Privacy Notice we use the term “processing” to cover all activities involving your personal information, including collecting, handling, storing, sharing, accessing, using, transferring and disposing of the information.
Why do we collect your personal information?
2. When you first register your interest for a Freeman Homes/Retirement Living new residence or contact the Company to reserve Bishopswood House or contact the Company to purchase goods e.g. logs or make a table reservation in the Mill Race Pub we collect some personal information to enable us to the run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately. This includes using information in connection with processing your orders, our research into customer demographics to improve our products and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings.
How we collect or obtain your information.
3. We collect information:
a. When you provide it to us (e.g. visiting our show homes and expressing interest online/ on our websites, by contacting us by telephone, email or by subscribing to our newsletter, or completing The Mill Race Keep in Touch cards or by entering free prize draws). Our websites are:
b. That you provide if you subscribe to our Lifestyle magazine or respond to online competitions.
c. Occasionally from third parties e.g. social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
d. We may monitor and record communications with you (such as conversations and emails) for the purposes of quality assurance, staff training, fraud prevention and dispute resolution.
What personal information might we process?
4. Here are some examples of the type of information we may process.
a. Personal details such as Firstname and Surname
c. Telephone Number
d. Email Address
e. Date of birth.
f. Credit/Debit Card details.
During the process we may capture some unsolicited sensitive personal data from you (e.g. family circumstances). We do this in order to help you make the right decisions when purchasing our product and provide outstanding customer service. The information you volunteer is neither used nor shared for marketing purposes however we shall respect your right to object to us processing this personal data and will cease immediately upon your request.
5. Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
How will we use the information about you?
6. The following information describes the various purposes for which MF Freeman Ltd and its group of Companies might process your information.
a. Service provision. In order for us to provide you with a service you requested e.g. table reservation, placing an order for a log delivery, it may be necessary to collect and use a contact number, an address and credit/debit card details for payment.
b. Customer engagement. In order to encourage your engagement we may collect contact or feedback information.
c. Marketing communications. We may collect and use your personal and contact information to send you marketing communications, such as emails, text messages, and postal mailings. These communications will keep you up-to-date on the latest news, development sites and events from the MF Freeman Group that may be of interest to you. However, we will only send you marketing material that you have consented to receive and consent can be withdrawn at any time by writing to the Company using the address at the foot of this policy.
d. Contests and promotions. On occasion we may run competitions through a third party platform such as Facebook or Twitter which for collection of any prize require a customer’s personal contact number.
Who do we share your personal information with?
7. Other than mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so, or with your express consent for example in a part exchange of properties, or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you, for instance we may need to pass on certain contact information to a contractor to provide a service under warranty for you.
8. Your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform in their role. Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people: a. Freeman Homes sales staff in order to provide an exemplary and personalised sales service to you. b. The Mill Race staff and Marketing staff in order for staff to contact you regarding your reservation and future events. c. Freeman Firewood staff in order for us to provide you with a log delivery service.
How we secure your personal information.
9. Your personal data is secured using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your personal information on secure servers, locked in file cabinets and only granting access to your personal information where necessary.
10. Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have rights regarding the information we process about you.
11. Marketing. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marking purposes. We will ask you when we collect your personal data if we can use your data for such purposes. You can opt-out of receiving such marketing at any time.
12. Right of Access. You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you, to know what we hold, what format it is in, and to have a copy of it if you wish. This is called a Subject Access Request.
13. Right to Rectification. If the information we hold on you is incorrect you have the right to ask us to correct it without undue delay and free of charge. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Right to Erasure. You have the right to request that all data held by us which identifies you is deleted. You can also make this request at any time by contacting us at email@example.com but please note we may be compelled to maintain your information due to specific legislative or regulatory requirements, for example we keep copy invoices in case of an HMRC investigation and if you have held a contract with us we will retain that information.
15. Consent. In some instances we will require your specified informed consent to process your information, on these occasions the consent will be recorded and you have the right at any time to withdraw the consent. How long shall we keep your personal data?
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer
MF Freeman Ltd